2.03.2011

Syracuse China ::





                      
                                           After a tip from my Son-In- Law, that a nearby winery was cleaning out. I found these dumpster diving.Yes, I had accomplices! In original packaging, I was in awe how someone would throw these pretties out. Made by the Syracuse China Corp. located in Syracuse, NY.  This company produced earthenware initially, followed by dishes for restaurant use.After 138 years in operation, they closed in 2009. In doing some research, I'm not sure of the pattern. All the same, for a first time dumpster diver. I made out pretty well! Don't you think?
                                         So, what's the dish on dishes? Are you a Lenox, Fiesta, Spode, Mikasa, Pfaltzgraff, Blue Willow? Modern, Shabby, Country? Leave me a comment. I love reading them all. Have a wonderful weekend.
                                                                                            Don't do too many dishes!
                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                           Hugs,
                                                                                                                           Liz:)

10 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

Congratulations on your 1st dumpster dive. Cute flower pattern. I have some Fiesta pitchers. Haven't started collecting a lot of plates, just odd and end ones I find while thrifting. I think you should do a tablescape with these!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed they would just throw those out!!! The pattern is so dainty, and I love it! Lucky you! I'm a shabby girl mostly but I have to admit I never met a dish I didn't love! Happy Weekend Liz!!

Anonymous said...

I worked at Syracuse China. This pattern is called "Strawberry Hill". If you look at the backstamp, there should be a code which will help you date the pieces.

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Today, I may consider you to be the luckiest girl in the world! Ha, okay... maybe an exageration, but I would feel like I won the lottery if I found those! Red transferware is what I love the most! I am on a mission to find a bunch, but it is more rare and usually very pricey! I love yours. How strange that someone would just toss them... I also love Fiesta Ware and I have my Great Aunt Elsie's Rose Chintz, by Johnson Brothers, also a Red transferware pattern. Oh, who am I kidding, I love dishes, period! Happy weekend to you.

Debbie

LizlovesVintage said...

Thank You Anonymous for the info!
Liz

White and Rust said...

Oh my goodness, how awesome!! Why oh Why do people throw these things away?!

Loretta Castorini said...

I love Syracuse china and am always on the lookout at thrift shops for it! Unfortunately even thrift shops know there are crazy people like me who pay for this old stuff, although I wont pay if its all scratched up (unless its a bargain!). Anyway, congrats on your find! I wish I lived in the States! Canada just doesnt have the same thrifting/junking community you guys do!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I collect that pattern. It's Syracuse China's Strawberry Hill.
I'll never forgive myself for not buying more pieces while they were still in business.
Enjoy your pieces!

jaklove1 said...

I found 8 saucers and 8 cups at a Goodwill in the Richmond VA area. The fact that they were made in the US in an added bonus.

sheryle said...

I just purchased 2 oval platters at GW for $2. It was nice to be able to identify the pattern. Thanks!