1.31.2012

Vintage Wallpaper::

                                Remember, designing a Home around this?
      Remember the days when we couldn't wait to wallpaper a room in our homes? Or, remember those days of not being able to wait to take it down? I remember it all too well. Frankly, I'm glad I'm over it! Until, I saw these rolls at the thrift shop calling me. No, I'm NOT about to wallpaper. Here are some ideas for using vintage wallpaper rolls: wrapping paper, book covers, collage, card making, dresser draw liners, coasters and valentines.  Hey, why not recycle those unwanted rolls? Oh, no I hear another project coming.... we shall see!
      Speaking of projects. Thank you for all those great comments about the shade. You guys rock! Yes, I'm going to finish it now. I'll show and share at the end of the week ;)

         Thanks for stopping by.......Time for me to get din, din started!
                                                         
                                                               xxx Liz



       

10 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Love vintage wallpaper and I have a nice little collection of it, mostly with pink roses. The best project I did with the paper was to patchwork a wood folding screen. It turned out really cute. Have since sold it and now I wish I still had it. Oh well!
Lisa

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

Oh how fun, will you be keeping it? If not, I can't wait to see what you do with it. Hugs-Carrie

Blessed Serendipity said...

I can't wait to see what you make with the vintage wallpaper.

xo,
Danielle

Sally Hutson said...

Wallpaper is really fashionable in the UK right now. Everyone is doing it !!!

Gail said...

Yep, agreed! Vintage wallpaper is my favorite medium to create with!

Pam Kessler said...

I think wallpaper will make a comeback someday. After all the people who dealt with it years ago die and the stories of taking it down have faded. Until then you can have fun doing projects with it.

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

I love vintage wallpaper...except the ones on walls=)...but i pick up rolls wherever i find them, you have some beauties!!
Hollie

Ana said...

I do love wallpaper...just not when I have to scrape it off the walls...Hee,hee,hee. Those were all great ideas for repurposing wallpaper. Great thrift store finds. Oh Liz, just wanted to ask you if you got my email about the heart exchange. Just curious :-) Wishing you a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ana

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Vintage wallpaper is such a great find! Looking forward to seeing your projects in the future!

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

Great ideas, Liz...
Looking forward to seeing what you'll create!
Have a wonderful weekend!