11.01.2011

My Go To CookBook ::

     My Mom taught me all about cooking. Even before I was married, I was cooking pork chops and over cooking brownies. This became a joke in my household every time I would bake. It stuck! So when I bake, my Hubby tells the story of the rock hard treats I would bake for him. I think I've gotten better over the years with help from Mom. Mom's go to cook book is: The New American Cookbook. Copyright by Books, Inc., 1941.
After, I was married. I would call Mom frequently for cooking times and recipes. It to became my favorite cooking tool.
As years passed and My Mom moved. She gave me the cookbook. Yeah, I know it's outdated. But, in the kitchen I would be lost without it.
Do you have a Go to Cookbook? Or, do you use the web? What's your favorite recipe? Please share..
                Have a great week ahead. Happy Cooking ;)
                                                                   xxx Liz

7 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I have an old Better Homes and Gardens vintage cookbook circa 1950's (red and white checked cover). I refer to this one a lot. Maybe it's because I have a vintage Wedgewood oven and I feel vintage recipes belong in a vintage stove. Or maybe because the cookbook is so stinkin cute. I usually only use recipes as a guide. I rarely measure.

xo,
Danielle

Ana said...

Hi Liz,
What a sweet story. My mom taught me how to cook but the recipes were all her own recipes or recipes passed down from my grandmother. Only recently have I started to look up recipes on the internet to try new things. My most favorite recipe has to be a pea, carrot and egg dish my mom makes...LOVE IT! Comfort food at it's best :-)

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

time worn interiors said...

That's a sweet story! I'm one of those that is mostly to lazy to use a cookbook! I just throw it all together! Hahahaha!
tot

time worn interiors said...

Oh, I forgot, I like your new header picture!
tot

Pam Kessler said...

I have an old Betty Crocker cookbook that I've had forever that is my go to. I do have an old American Family Cookbook from 1951 that was my Mom's and I love that it tells me to sift the flour and how to make sour milk. I actually made a cake from scratch out of that cookbook and everyone thought I was a cooking genius.

Debbie said...

My cook book is the Farmer's Daughter's cookbook.
It's old and worn, but I love it.
I had fun reading your previous posts today.
Have a great weekend.
xxxooo

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

I love that cookbook and cookie cutters!! My grandmas Betty Crocker's New Picture Cook Book is our family favorite, and her pie crusts rocked!
HOllie